Thomas W. Storey
Criminal Law, Family Law, Business Law, Corporate Law
Mr. Storey joined the firm as a partner in 1999. His emphasis is in criminal defense and family law.
Mr. Storey first became acquainted with the criminal justice system as a deputy sheriff in 1970. He completed his education through Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego while working as a deputy and sergeant at the Imperial County Sheriff’s Office. He transferred from the Sheriff’s Office to the District Attorneys Office after receiving his Juris Doctor.
Mr. Storey is a second generation resident of Imperial County. His law enforcement experience and time with the District Attorneys Office influenced him to run for political office which resulted in his election as Imperial County District Attorney where he served until 1987.
Mr. Storey has tried in excess of two hundred criminal trials through verdict since he started practicing law in 1978. He is known affectionately by many in the local legal community as a “Trial Dog.” His experience as a law enforcement officer, deputy district attorney, the District Attorney, and criminal defense attorney make him one of the most experienced and qualified criminal defense and trial attorneys in Imperial County.
Mr. Storey is a member of the Imperial County Bar Association, California Public Defenders Association and is a Past President and current member of the Holtville Rotary Club.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 50% Criminal
- 50% Family law - divorce, custody, visitation and support
- 99% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1977
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1977
- Western State University, San Diego, California
- B.S.L. - 1975
- Major: Criminal Justice Administration
- Swain & Kennerson
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Imperial County Bar Association, Member, 1990 - Present
- Public Defenders Association, Member, 1990 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Imperial County Sheriff's Office, Deputy Sheriff/Sergeant, 1970 - 1978
- County of Imperial, District Attorney, 1982 - 1987